When you are starting on your weight loss journey, it is important to find the right motivation to stay on the track and keep going, even when things do not look so bright. Everyone has bad days, when they lose hope and feel that it is difficult stay strong and focussed. So what should you do then? Here we have picked out 5 tips from twinbody platform, for you to look at, when you have such a day.
- Remember why you started: When things look glum and you feel like giving up, it is always good to look back and remember what made you undertake this journey, in the first place. It is important to evaluate why you felt that it was necessary to lose weight. Was it because you found it difficult to run around and play with your kids? Or was it for medical reasons? Was it just to be the best possible version of yourself or to fit in an old, much loved outfit? Then ask, am I ready to give up yet? In most cases the answer would be no!
- Talk to a friend: Being on a steady weight loss path needs social support, the kind of support that makes you feel that you are not alone. Usually motivation comes from family, your social network and now even with some new apps. Someone somewhere is going through similar struggles as you are, and today it is possible to connect with them online. And who knows, maybe your experiences and struggles can inspire others. Moreover, one should never underestimate the power of a sympathetic ear!
- Appreciate your efforts and your body: Some days, we all just need to smile and say “You go girl!” or “Well done! You have come so far.” Research has repeatedly proved that people who dislike their bodies are by far, less likely to lose weight. Moreover, people who have a better body image are more likely to pick a diet they can sustain. They are more motivated to try new activities that will help them reach their goals. So try being your own cheerleader!
- Make a commitment : It is always a good practice to talk about your weight loss goals publically, or in a safe place where you feel comfortable. It is a good idea to make an effort and get the right tools to get there. For example, investing in a recipe book with healthy recipes, downloading an app to motivate yourself or maybe getting a gym membership. Sometimes, something as small as investing in a new running outfit or shoes can do the trick. Another way of sticking to your commitment is by keeping a journal. Make yourself accountable for your habits and see the difference!
- It is ok to cheat : We feel that it is not humanly possible to achieve perfection always, and your weight loss journey need not be all perfect. You would be too hard on yourself, if you get into the cycle of “all or nothing”. It is ok to cut yourself some slack, and have a cheat day once in awhile. And who knows, you might bounce back even stronger!
Hope you found these tips useful, do you have something to add?